Material field on Apperence tab

YouGroove

Many times , when you need to switch a shader or change a texture on a model you selected , you must seek the material on your project and you loose unecessary time,specially if you have multiple materials directories ( per scene levels of your game for example).

Why not displaying the material in Appearence tab sleep.png , clicking on that new material field would open the material editor to allow us change texture, shader or parameters quickly.

post-3271-0-92718200-1441714135_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

You can use the eyedropper to quickly do this. But it probably would be handy if somehow all materials used on the current selection could be listed (even across multiple objects/brushes). Also going in the opposite direction a right click on a material to select all objects using that particular material would be useful for hunting down rogue materials being used on hidden brush faces. Probably wishful thinking though and not sure how any of that could be even displayed

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

I didn't say it's not possible, I said today it doesn't work that way where you can assign multiple ones. You weren't asking for multiple assignments but just a way to see it without going into the "file system", then Olby mentioned multiple faces/materials and I was just pointing out that today it doesn't allow you to assign multiple materials via that way. Yes, I would love if it did all of this :)

then Olby mentioned multiple faces/materials and I was just pointing out that today it doesn't allow you to assign multiple materials via that way.

Ok i understand.

Still for the common way of one material per model , be able to open the material directly on a model we have selected would be usefull.

Stop toying and make games