The Borrower

Rick

This could turn into a really cool game.

Wait until you see our next puzzles in the works :)

I find that I really enjoy creating puzzle functionality. Coming up with puzzles can be hard but once we have them, making them actually happen is pretty rewarding.

• Upvote 1

I find that I really enjoy creating puzzle functionality. Coming up with puzzles can be hard but once we have them, making them actually happen is pretty rewarding.

Agreed. Coming up with unique and fun puzzles is darn hard at times. But, you get so much joy when your puzzle comes to life. smile.png

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

The Borrower updated in the Game Launcher with a new puzzle added. Solve the puzzle to open the gate blocking your path.

Puzzle Hint: "The answer is shrouded in darkess".

--Change List--

- New puzzle 'The Combination'

- Changed over flame to Shadmars firepit shader flame till I can work out what's going on with ATI.

- Dungeon extension

- Numerous bug fixes.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

till I can work out what's going on with ATI.

ATI have picky compiler, maybe the log reveals the error.

But things to look for are typical float to vecs or vecs to float conversions, vec4 to vec3 conversions etc..

• Upvote 1

HP Omen - 16GB - i7 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

I had to read the game description to understand how to play.

But this is a good game start.

Now the bad things :

- getting the fire power should not shut down the torch flame , this looks weird as if you release the power the flame start again in the torch

- The flashLight system should be always on , at least a minimal light like the player had some lightening power making light around him , because it is too dark to move around without it.

- You need icons when some flame power can be grabbed or some object can be grabbed otherwise it is hard to understand some interaction is possible.

- I didn't know what to do to open the door i could only grab the flame power.

Well perhaps this is what is called a puzzle game

laugh.png

The game is too slow on laptop, how to change the resolution in game ?

No Help menu in game ?

Good luck.

Stop toying and make games

Thanks for feedback yougroove. About your first point the name of the game reflects what is happening. You are magic and you borrow the elements. After they are shot they go back because you only borrowed them.

We will look at the other things you mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried this and was stuck in the cell for a while but managed to get out smile.png Looks great and nice atmosphere but I get <10 fps for some reason. Not sure what would be causing such a big hit.

amd graphic card maybe, I should get easily 30 fps with hunt for food for example, stuck with 5 or less. Amd saphire 7870