Texture atlas system

YouGroove

I'm asking again because they have great advantages :

- Fast loading times with less textures files to load

- heavy optimisation because you need less materials on your levels

Without too much work, be able on a basic atlas texture to choose a unit square dimension 256,512 etc ... would be already usefull.

Stop toying and make games

You know that this type of request is not going to land on Josh's ears simply because it is too niche and will not be useful to the majority of the users. Besides what is stopping you from making a similar town in your modelling package and have one large texture for all of its models. Within Leadwerks you can have separate models using the same texture (atlas) and the engine will hold only a single copy of it.

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

Besides what is stopping you from making a similar town in your modelling package and have one large texture for all of its models

I was meaning not only grouping objects in the same atlas, but the ability to regroup tiling textures on the same atlas.

Manually it is more complicated to regroup tiling textures and more prone to error plus it is a lot more time work.

This sort of automated tool exists like plugins for example.

But you are right this sort could be external and written in C# for example using open source libraries, you give it textures it packs them. The mots complicated part would be to be able to extract textures from the atlas in LE3 and create them in memory than assign them to materials.

Yes this is only a suggestion, working with many textures and material i just see how much such tool would help, but perhaps we are only few who could exploit such tool to justify it need in LE3 rolleyes.gif

Stop toying and make games