YouGroove

LE3 script not taking changes

LE3 not taking script changes.

EDIT : i was not aware of editor changes behind the scene, i thaught it was standard bugs happening.

post-3271-0-35000300-1445166742_thumb.jpg

Were you collapsing things and deleting things? I've noticed in the past that collapsing functions then deleting the collapse function would cause all sorts of problems.

I recently noticed this as well. It is related to auto-complete and only occurs in the beta.

LE3 had many stability problems with saving maps, prefabs, materials and now scripts these days

Are these kinds of grandiose generalizations really necessary in a bug report?

Were you collapsing things and deleting things? I've noticed in the past that collapsing functions then deleting the collapse function would cause all sorts of problems.

This is some interesting point ot know.

Anyway i can still make a new project and just copy/paste because i have my own project structure.

I recently noticed this as well. It is related to auto-complete and only occurs in the beta.

Are these kinds of grandiose generalizations really necessary in a bug report?

There is no beta quick blog notes talking about new features or talking about problems they can make.

The code editor is not registering changes sometimes. A third party is implementing the autocomplete, and I have related it to them.

I really hope this get's fixed soon. I haven't used the script editor much since the auto-complete started working the other day, but I recall having issues when it would "reload" the script when a error happened. (For example: MyScript.lua, would open as myscript.lua when an error happened on MyScript.lua, but you would edit myscript.lua instead of MyScript.lua and get confused,)

I really hope this get's fixed soon.

I suggest using some external editors like Sublime text or notepad ++ if you encounter such problems until it is fixed.

But i encounter a worst bug :

There is no scripts in the simple scene used by any model, running the game LE3 says some error about a script not used in the scene.

And the script has no bug also laugh.png

post-3271-0-92015800-1445196906_thumb.jpg

I suggest using some external editors like Sublime text or notepad ++ if you encounter such problems until it is fixed.

How about reverting back to stable branch?

How about reverting back to stable branch?

lol-face.jpg

I am not using svn for a small game. I re installed LE3 , but that bug still appears.

I just copied all files to another directory and created a new project, than copied the files and created a new map and it is ok without script errors.

Until a new bug happens

23124331.jpg

lol-face.jpg

I am not using svn for a small game. I re installed LE3 , but that bug still appears.

You don't have to, you can select the branch in the application properties in Steam.

An update has been posted on the beta branch. I believe this is fixed now.