..Game Launcher suggestion..

Naughty Alien

..im really enjoying playing this various games from game launcher, regardless fact that some are not really ready, but there is something really cute and funny in all this games at same time...having said this, is it possible to add some sort of scoring option so people who plays games, could rate it and that will affect game appearance in a list (top one will be games with highest score)..i think this will be good option so people who developing could have certain input about their games and it will be some sort of 'competition' if i may say..any take on this?

• Upvote 7

It is a good idea, but perhaps just a single 'thumbs up' rating for them. Some people may be disheartened if they receive negative votes.

I think also that there should be categories for themed tournament games, eg Summer Contest 2015, Halloween Contest 2015 etc

Hi Josh, I think having a rating system and a ranking display on the game player would be a great addition, but please allow a non ranked view, so that each game has an equal chance of being displayed first. You could have all time ranking, this weeks ranking like music charts that change each week, this will prevent the most popular games staying the most popular simply because of their sequence in the game player. New releases, for new titles, or fixes, or additional content, to give the game playeruser an incentive to try out games they previously played. If a game player user gave a thumbs up, to the original game and they don't like the layest version, then they should be able to remove the thumbs up, but not add another one, and vice versa.

Right now you can choose highest rated or most recent.

I am going to focus on getting a build working for SteamOS in November. It will need a simple full-screen GUI because it's meant for being displayed on the TV, and SteamOS is pretty stripped down. That will come next so we can have it working at the same time the Steam Machines launch.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It is a good idea, but perhaps just a single 'thumbs up' rating for them. Some people may be disheartened if they receive negative votes.

..i do agree with this..vote should be based around constructive criticism, so thumbs up counter will do just fine..eventually, i would love to see, if possible some option where player could just add opinion about what should be done better, from player experience perspective, but thats not necessary..and games sorted out on such way that most thumbs up appears on the top will be nice..new titles could be listed alphabetically under 'new' tab..or something..i really enjoy this lil games, and i would like to see this feature as a someone who actually plays this games..for some reason, i went trough allll of them..lol..

• Upvote 1