V3.6 after some work ofter this error comes up :Failed to load texture

holschuh

Hi,

Failed to load texture "C:/Users/.../Leadwerks/Projects/pumpkinkick/Directional Light"

Failed to load texture "C:/Users/.../Leadwerks/Projects/pumpkinkick/Materials/Effects/default.tex"

how can i prevent running into this error after some work on my projects... they still compile and work but it looks not clean...

cu

Volker Holschuh

• Upvote 1

Similar issues here... Even some "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" errors once in a while (on fresh blank projects).

In my case, I've nailed it down to the "Create Camera" feature in the Leadwerks Editor.

Ever since I've been manually creating the camera with code, it has been smooth sailing... (It seems to be a workaround for that pesky "Failed to load texture" error)

I've had this issue since 3.6 although the steps taken below were done with the beta.

To reproduce this bug I did the following:

1) Create new map

2) Add camera

3) Click run button

Error log output

Failed to load texture "C:/Users/TH/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/THHP/Directional Light"

Map file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8AlYY49_v2bZ0Mwa05RTzZrUDQ/view?usp=sharing

• 1 month later...

Was this bug reproducible using the steps I gave? Any chance this will get fixed? I use System:Print() a lot when I am debugging a problem or implementing something new, it's annoying to have to switch tabs every time I run the game. Even worse if the mouse position is being reset constantly like in FPSPlayer.lua.

• Upvote 1

Yes, again, it might have to do with the "Render To Target" feature that was added in 3.6. My theory is that since there is no texture to render to, it looks for something random, then complains that it can't load it. I sometimes see that it can't load "Box 1".

Make camera's via script I guess.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Yes, again, it might have to do with the "Render To Target" feature that was added in 3.6. My theory is that since there is no texture to render to, it looks for something random, then complains that it can't load it. I sometimes see that it can't load "Box 1".

Make camera's via script I guess.

Are you saying this isn't a bug? It sure seems like one to me. The 3 steps (listed above) it takes to produce the erroneous message do not touch the "Render target" option on the camera.

• 2 weeks later...