Collision callback not returning position with type Trigger?

Michael_J

Can anyone else verify that a collision callback, when the response type is Trigger, only returns 0,0,0 for position and normal. Setting the response type to Collide returns expected results.

I mean, even if the response is only a trigger, it should still be able to return at LEAST where the collision took place, yes?

--"There is no spoon"

If the trigger type is used, an intersection test is performed. This is because a regular collision test will fail if one object is entirely inside another so that no faces intersect.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Ah, that makes sense... Ok, is there any type that acts like a trigger (no physics response), but does perform a "regular" collision test (understanding the limitation that if one object is inside another the test would fail); or could one be added in short order?

Namely, I'd like to do some VFX work where a collision occurs between two objects, but I don't want a physics reaction when this happens. Depending on the shapes of the objects, a ray test wouldn't always work for something like this...

--"There is no spoon"

I don't really see where you expose the data needed to use Newton functions such as http://newtondynamics.com/wiki/index.php5?title=NewtonCollisionCollide

Is there a way to at least get the NewtonBody pointer for a Leadwerks entity that has collision? This would then allow me to get the required information using other Newton functions such as http://newtondynamics.com/wiki/index.php5?title=NewtonBodyGetWorld

Thanks

--"There is no spoon"