Character Model Development

Josh

"Needs more pouches!" - Rob Liefeld

Looks good - are the animations/skeleton going to be custom as well or from a standard rig like you would get from mixamo or other provider? Thinking about future uses when wanting to rig other characters with its rig/animations or vice versa.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Nice work.

I didn't publish my character assets directly to Leadwerks simply due to the licensing I was told about by another artist wanting to make some assets for the community here, at least as workshop items, instead I just gave them away to developers in general outside of this specific community, it's nice to see something being made for the users though... You should probably get some training content worked up more than 3d content as I've always said, knowing what to do with the content is more of an issue than getting content to use. I think I said that almost two years ago...

I really wanted to get some assets made a long time ago for Leadwerks as a community effort, which is what I first posted about but nobody seemed interested to aid in letting me know what would be preferred so I dropped that. I had the time back then and I had the ability to get something done but no idea what the intended audience would want in terms of style or design more so than requiring any help making the stuff - xD

I think if there was more focus on dedicated learning materials in the form of either written articles or video tutorials then you would have had many more users who could have created content and likely shared back when you released on Steam and you wouldn't have had to wait so long. Just my opinion of course.

It's always nice ot see the updates though :)

Keep it up!

Regards,

Patrick.

• Upvote 1

Well, I think character models are the one thing that are just too expensive and difficult to let "just happen". This character is not cheap, and I wouldn't expect someone to make something like that for free. Even if we were able to sell models right now, the stuff that's out there on the web is not very good.

I'm taking an approach as if I am creating a game (I'm not) and producing all the content I would need. That's the only way to stay focused on a specific theme.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yeah the free content available from students isn't really a viable option in my opinion either. I've donated character assets to particular open source projects from time to time usually when I am between jobs and wanting to be productive through waiting on clients to get back to me and yes it's not cheap, something many people don't comprehend before they try to hire a character artist haha.

The same goes for animations, people see mixamo and expect to pay pennies for custom animations lately. I look forward to seeing this chaarcter with a texture map and in the engine.

~ Patrick.

Well, I think character models are the one thing that are just too expensive and difficult to let "just happen". This character is not cheap, and I wouldn't expect someone to make something like that for free. Even if we were able to sell models right now, the stuff that's out there on the web is not very good.

I'm taking an approach as if I am creating a game (I'm not) and producing all the content I would need. That's the only way to stay focused on a specific theme.

If you ask me, I can create something for free. PM me if you need new zombies, I have mocap at home so I could animate it and stuff. (FOR FREE).

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to see how the model looks animated. I hope it ends up being a nice player model, or an enemy model that can be coded to fire weapons at you! I'm also getting a Counter-Strike vibe from this. :)

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

It's really cool, huh? It looks completely high-end and fantastic. We can have a whole collection of these made for different genres and finally solve this huge problem that has been holding us all back.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

very nice stuff ,one time if i figure it more in blender fondation out and make a good animated model with same bones + add sequences easy and with hitboxes and free for all .... but it takes more time as i thought before

i find out how hitboxes can hide without scipt just select the material from the clothes to the hitbox and it will be hidden

ty for help to all again

Of course. Wouldn't be much use without that!

The first one is going to take a while, but once we get the process down we can make more. The studio I am working with now has a better idea of the style and quality I am expecting.

• Upvote 2

Of course. Wouldn't be much use without that!

The first one is going to take a while, but once we get the process down we can make more. The studio I am working with now has a better idea of the style and quality I am expecting.

Would there be any chance of a creation kit or character generator so the models can be customised? Similar to MakeHuman or Fuse, for example.