Leadwerks & ShaderTool

Roland

Hi

I told my self... why not try with some simple shader learning so I got the ShaderTool from Steam as it

has a Leadwerks Exporter.

However I would like to get a working simple example to have a starting point.

Anyone out there that use ShaderTool and would care to share some simple thing.

AV MX Linux

I have Shader Tool but have failed to make anything useful.

I achieved far more with Lunarovichs Blog

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/166/entry-1591-intro-to-le-post-processing-effects/

I followed the examples shown and then messed around with the vignette shader in Leadwerks. Small steps I know but I'm

slowly getting the idea.

Hopefully Lunarovich will make a follow up tutorial soon biggrin.png

• Upvote 1

It's not a waste, it's just the initial setup that is a pain. once you have the model loaded and textured (the have a pass-through shader to assist in this) it makes it easier to do things. IN leadwerk you have the engine doing the loading and the rendering for you, in shader tool you have to do that in provided nodes and connect them.

Once it's all set up that's where the difference is, in leadwerks you will need to code all uniforms you want to pass in and manually code them in lua. In shader tool you add the uniform and connect a slider to it and edit the input values in real-time. So leadwerks: Easier setup, and tedious to edit. Shader-tool tedious to setup, easy to edit.

• Upvote 4

Does this tool allow you to create basic vertex blended shaders for models, etc? That's one key thing I'm trying to get my hands on, just something that lets me blend materials on an object using R, G and B vertex colors. Other engines have the capability, but I haven't seen any shader for LW that supports this, yet.

I've looked into learning how to program GLSL to do it myself but... yeah lol... way beyond me (I'm not a programmer at all).

If there was a way to create these shaders visually, and then export them to LW in a way that's supported, that would be beautiful. But, if I'm understanding correctly, it looks like it might still require some programming know-how.

Does this tool allow you to create basic vertex blended shaders for models, etc? That's one key thing I'm trying to get my hands on, just something that lets me blend materials on an object using R, G and B vertex colors. Other engines have the capability, but I haven't seen any shader for LW that supports this, yet.

I've looked into learning how to program GLSL to do it myself but... yeah lol... way beyond me (I'm not a programmer at all).

If there was a way to create these shaders visually, and then export them to LW in a way that's supported, that would be beautiful. But, if I'm understanding correctly, it looks like it might still require some programming know-how.

Shader tool is not a visual shader creator. You have to manually create the shader. It allows you to edit shaders without having to have to load a game engine.