Animation won't export/import from Blender

Wolfsong

Hello,

So, I've googled this, I've searched the forums, and I've looked over the documentation, but I can not find an answer to this problem I'm having.

Basically, I've created and animated a simple little diamond which spins and sorta undulates up and down. It's all set up fine in Blender, with material, texture and animations working smoothly and as I want it to.

The model exports and imports into LW just fine, along with the texture, etc. I'm exporting as FBX.

However, I can not get animation to work. I've tried it two different ways, with and without a bone involved. Neither way is working. I've tried different settings in the exporter, nothing there seems to make a difference.

The official documentation for Animations has you using a ready-made animation which you just have to import. But there is nothing I can find for creating and importing your own custom animation (which really should be covered as well, if it isn't already).

So, if someone could point me to the right place that explains the right setup/settings to use to make animations import and work correctly into LW, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks!

Are you using animated shaders ( as found in the shaders folder ?

Yep. I have that loaded up and attached as well. It's not even showing that an animation sequence exists in LW, though it's animating just fine in Blender, and I'm exporting animations along with it.

Nope. It doens't indicate there's an animation at all.

I was hoping to find a tutorial or something on how to create and export an animation from Blender to Leadwerks so it would work properly.

Given the replies so far, I'm guessing no such thing exists, yet.

I have a blend file I could package up and provide to look at. If someone here is familiar enough with Blender to see where the problem is, I could package it up and post a link to it.

So, looked it over again, realized I'd picked the shader from the wrong folder, and added the correct one (just the plain diffuse under the animated folder).

Except now the model disappears completely in the 3D view port, and in the model viewer. I can see its wireframe shape in the other 3 wireframe views. So, it's there. It's just not rendering.

So, I'm at a complete loss here.

I've brought in other static objects, and they work just fine. It's just when I try to add Animation into the mix, everything goes wonky.

Have you selected the 'Armature' upon export? Or, did you select the mesh and exported that instead?

If i remember correctly, you need to select the 'Armature' and then export, and in the export settings, click both the 'Armature' and 'Mesh' buttons.

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

I contacted Mitovo to help him solve the problem. And, appearantly, this seems to be an issue with the .fbx exporter in blender.

After loading his model in UU3D, scaling it up and then exporting it as an .fbx file (version 2012, binairy 6.0), i succesfully imported his model in LE, and the animation showed up in the model viewer. smile.png

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3