How do I align 2 objects perfectly in the grid?

TerraformerX

I was playing around with a few models, and I discovered that I couldn't (or didn't know how to) make a box the same width as a ventgrate. I did decrease the grid and I snapped both the vent and block to the same line, so those faces line up perfectly in a straight line. The far opposite faces of the vent and box don't line up exactly perfect. See the "back" viewport in the picture. Is there an easy way to have an object snap or align to the edge of an adjacent object? That would be very nice and intuitive. But if there isn't a way to do that, how would you solve this problem?

I tried everything I could think of. I even tried scaling it larger along that axis, but it increased the size in both directions, not just one. I could keep decreasing the size of the grid, but I thought there has to be an easier way.

I'm sure there's a way to solve this. I just don't know it laugh.png

Thanks

01tU8Hg.png

post-9540-0-25635200-1454477486_thumb.png

not sure if this helps i had similar problems , snap to grid as long as edge of your object is lined up with grid your other object should snap to same grid space, other option is to turn this off and you can move objects without snapping if they are off a grid line, if that makes sense

Snapping is one thing I have requested at several occasions during the year's. It never seems to come true though. I don't know if it's hard to implement or if it's considered unimportant, but it would surely be appreciated if it came true after year's of requests ☺

AV MX Linux

post-9540-0-25635200-1454477486_thumb.png

not sure if this helps i had similar problems , snap to grid as long as edge of your object is lined up with grid your other object should snap to same grid space, other option is to turn this off and you can move objects without snapping if they are off a grid line, if that makes sense

Thanks. This works good enough for me. Just like in AutoCAD, when I zoom in far enough, I can see that they're not perfectly lined up, even when they're snapped to the grid, but no one's going to notice.

I do have a new question, though. How do you have all those buttons on your toolbar? I have the same version of Leadwerks you do, 4.0. I made my window small so it would be a smaller picture when I took the screenshot, but the buttons on my toolbar are all I have. I even have the professional version installed, according to the Steam that I launch Leadwerks from. Is my version not running the professional version?