Meme Simulator 2016

Dan22

Hello all, brace yourself for the newest arrival to the Leadwerks game engine. You may have seen this game before as "Snoop Dogg Simulator" but has since undergone a change into "Meme Simulator" so that it can be released publicly without myself getting in trouble. The game is currently very early in development, and I am not a coder by no means so it is a surprise to myself that I could create a game even if its bare bones.

Lets get to it then!

Videos:

Main menu + Kappa level + John Cena level:

New Gabe Newell level:

Pictures:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/498016014222333559/D973FAC5A02F1DAAC40B951775050550C3456073/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/498015917100373996/3BA2B8AA956E053CE210ADE1006C3B52E001D979/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/498016014223351287/6F9AE344100ED6D98D1F2079CF7C4410AA391F86/

Future Plans:

In the future I would want to polish the game, add a possible timing game mechanic and leader boards mechanic so there is an element of replay value to get the best time in the game. Once the game is at a finished state, it is possible that the game will go on steam Greenlight and perhaps on Android.

Let me know what you think and what you would want added!

• Upvote 1

You may have seen this game before as "Snoop Dogg Simulator" but has since undergone a change into "Meme Simulator" so that it can be released publicly without myself getting in trouble.

Just to preface, I'm not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

That's not how intellectual property law works in the U.S. at least. Yes, changing the name may remove some trademark infringements. But you are still using art that could infringe upon more trademarks and copyrights.

The way this works is that the copyright owner to file a DMCA takedown notice, at which point the content would be removed from YouTube / Steam. This is unlikely to happen unless you become very popular or start monetizing said content.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yes, a lot of the stuff here you see is still being cut from the final game, such as the dorito logo, mlg logos ect that will most likely cause the game to be taken down and before the game is greenlit i'll go through the game with somone to make sure all trademarks and copyright infringements are removed before the game is released. If removing the content to prevent copyright is not possible without being detrimental to the game then the game will be released for free.

Things like the Gabe Newell level are supposedly fine as there are a couple games on steam that uses Gabe Newell's face and name in their game for commercial use.

You can argue that the game is under fair use due to the entire project being a parody.

I'm no lawyer, but if you really want to go forward, I'd look into the loop holes within the copyright system. You might still get clams, but if you've done your homework, you should be fine,

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!