New game partnership !!!

mihaid

Do a simple project first, just to test the metal and staying power of the team. This team thing has so often failed in the past for one reason or another.

• Upvote 1

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I must say..i learned A LOT from this new topic, and i'm glad started..anyway, this is my last post here and THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICES, I will take it step by step.....from low level.....and now i have a better understanding to the programming and making a good game !!! Thank you ALL !!

I would take Sakru's advice with a grain of salt personally. I wouldn't agree with that at all. That's like saying if you really want to drive a car you should make it yourself. You don't need to do that and in fact very few people are doing that in this day and age. You are just starting out, the idea is to start way smaller with your idea first and build the experience it takes to making a game. Seriously, your face game should only take a month and should be very very basic. Probably to the point where it's pretty boring but has basic game parts to it. GUI, player interaction with something, leaderboard maybe, very basic enemy AI.

I never told anyone to do this my way... Car example is very bad. When you own a car, it is up to you how you want it to look, where to fix/do it yourself and so on. I like Leadwerks, but right now it dose not fit my needs. I have many bugs with it and i know that Josh will never fix them. They are on all levels, from Editor to Core. And i dont want to spend years by waiting Josh to fix them.

What i tried to tell, it is up to you, if you want to learn API just do it. But in my opinion you will learn much more about how everything works and how to optimize or design when you doing it by yourself. And if i want to build a RTS game, why do i need to be worried about wrong design, which doesn't fit my RTS design????? I could make this list very long, and everything have to do with Leadwerks closed sourse.

I don't find many bugs in le and they ARE usually fixed quite quickly.

Well, then i can tell you, that you dont know what are you talking about. All AMD users will never be able to play any Leadwerks game, because the bugs with shaders which i see on all platforms from Windows to Linux.. And noone is interested in fixing them. But everything working great in others projects. Same thing with Editor and functionality, on different platforms. For example on Linux. If you dont find many bugs, than maybe you are not working on the same level as i do.

But anyway, i do not want to tell that Leadwerks is bad and Josh doesn't doing his work. This project is proof that one guy can create this big project by himself. The only problem with that is, lack of support. Anyway, you are all right. What is the best for me is not always best for anyone else.