FBX animation does not work

khotan

Hi,

I created a simple cube to animate with two bones on Blender 2.75a, and exported on FBX animation... Importing with Leadwerks and i don't see animation but only with two bones already created, please help me how to see for animation, have i missing it something ? There is a file to check what is wrong.

Sorry if it's not right to post here, but i think as FBX with blender is more dev than stable (https://developer.blender.org/T43613), so it may be broken something due of compatability and i don't know what version use Leadwerks but for Blender is fbx version 7.4. (2015?), i am sure they say leadwerks works with fbx from Blender. Thus thank you for your link, it doesn't solve my problem... According to you, how you doing for working animation ?

If you read the link that was posted, you would see that an animation shader is required in your material file for animated models. Since you only posted the fbx and mdl file, I assume you never created a Leadwerks material file that uses an animated shader. Also the fbx model does not have any UV's mapped and the model itself is huge. Here is the model scaled down to 1 meter tall, properly UV mapped, and with a Leadwerks animated shader material applied.

box_anim.zip

Again, this is not a Leadwerks bug, but rather a problem with how you are using/exporting from Blender and then not using the correct Leadwerks material. The Game Art forum is a good place to search for examples on how to export from blender. I think forum member ScrotumPancakes ScrotieFlapWack recently provided some tips on the blender setup.

Edit- My mistake with the forum name - thats what pops into my head everytime I see his name. Thanks for the catch, Thirsty Panther.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

@macklebee : thank you for your help, i learned a lot from my mistake it is working by your way, you are right about missing material and uv map i was thinking is enough to work but it is no. Again sorry for the post xD

@thirsty pathner : nice and many thank

@shadmar : effectively yes it needs an animation shader, thank you