Textures from other programs are not scaled the same :( (Blender/Cinema4D) (Belongs to steam discussion)

Poly

(I already created a discussion in Steam about that and there they asked me to create a thread in this forum including the files so everybody could try at their own.)

Hey People,

after a few days I run into something that didnt work as I wanted.

My problem:

I created some models (not a simple cube) in Blender/Cinema4D and painted them (via unwarp in Blender/via 3D-Bodypaint in C4D). I saved the models as .FBX and the textures as .JPG.

When I imported them into Leadwerks everything was fine but as I tryied to texture my own objects with my own textures the textures were comletly streched and rescaled above the object. The top was somewhere at the left. The lower site was painted with parts of the left and right site.

My question:

Is it possible to fix that? Is it possible that Leadwerks uses the textures "the same way" than Blender and C4D do? (Or is there a way to import a file that already includes the textures so I could convert the .C4D file?)

Or do I have to make every object I want as a extra model with its own texture?

I am just creating something big, something very big with many details. Thats why I am asking.

Hoping for some helpful answers ;)

Poly

Here are some pictures I made:

Here is the picture of the object and the UV map I created in Blender

http://i.imgur.com/GGgJYWn.png?1

This is what I ended up with after importing and texturing. The selected texture at the menu is the texture I added on my object. It is not caused by the missing name, I already added the texture to an other object and it worked (of course not in the right scaling)

http://i.imgur.com/qY3m3Gp.png?1

If there is any request please just ask!!!

If we have to guess, then I suspect the model's UVs are not mapped correctly. Like I suggested in steam forum, we need to see the actual fbx, mdl, tex, and mat files to be able to test ourselves, otherwise we are just guessing. Zip those files up and post them please.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

• 2 weeks later...

If we have to guess, then I suspect the model's UVs are not mapped correctly. Like I suggested in steam forum, we need to see the actual fbx, mdl, tex, and mat files to be able to test ourselves, otherwise we are just guessing. Zip those files up and post them please.

Actually I was asked to select a file to upload in the mask. I did so but I dont know where it is.....