AMD MSAA 1x bug

Slimwaffle

So I just updated and now I am experiencing a weird glitch. No matter what I do or add in even on starting a new project I experience weird graphical errors like the engine can't process all the graphics in the game. Even if I just add in fps player, water, day night and a single terrain texture I get this.

post-14200-0-34885900-1442069431_thumb.jpg

ok so I add in terrain texture on a new project and fps player. everything looks fine and rendering is fine but when I try to run I get that graphical error. I add in water and the error happens even when I am not testing game but building it. So I remove water and add in skybox and leadwerks throws a windows error, Exception access violation. Since updating leadwerks is unuseable.

You have the option to roll back to an earlier build in the settings for this application in Steam.

Does this only occur on maps that have terrain?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

So far my experience is only in making open world environments. This kind of feels like it could be an issue with my new GPU and the driver. I only mention it because I recently went from a nvidia 2g card to an Amd r9 380 4g card. So it could be the new update is conflicting with my drivers.

I have attached a new shader which will compile correctly on AMD hardware. Extract this to the folder "Shaders/Terrain".

I don't see how this would affect the full-screen problem you have, but it fixes that shader.

terrain_lowres.zip

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As I was shopping for my first gaming gpu last night, still unable to make up my mind between red and green, I got sidetracked (again)...

I stumbled on a very very cool video presentation from AMD about a tool called GPU PerfStudio.

I don't know why, but right after that I got an urge to learn about OpenGL, writing shaders, and got more interested in GPUs.

This might help the guys with the technical know-how (or those adventurous enough) to diagnose what is going on...

As I was shopping for my first gaming gpu last night, still unable to make up my mind between red and green, I got sidetracked (again)...

I stumbled on a very very cool video presentation from AMD about a tool called GPU PerfStudio.

I don't know why, but right after that I got an urge to learn about OpenGL, writing shaders, and got more interested in GPUs.

This might help the guys with the technical know-how (or those adventurous enough) to diagnose what is going on...

I think as a developer, you need both. AMD and NVIDIA. Because some of the shaders you write will show the bugs on different hardware. Right now I have a third PC to test how everything works on NVIDIA/Intel hardware.