AMD MSAA 1x bug

Slimwaffle

I modified the lighting shaders so they will work with either a multisample or 2D texture.

You can now set the camera MSAA mode to 0 instead of the default value of 1, and the lighting will still work.

Lighting.rar

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I modified the lighting shaders so they will work with either a multisample or 2D texture.

You can now set the camera MSAA mode to 0 instead of the default value of 1, and the lighting will still work.

Works for me, but water is still broken, Will that shader also need to be modified updated?

The camera has a member called "reflectioncamera" that is a second camera. Change its MSAA mode too.

I must be doing something stupid, reflectioncamera is nil. The code below always prints nil, what am I doing wrong? I also tried LE beta.

local c = Camera:Create()
System:Print(tostring(c.reflectioncamera))

It might be that the reflection camera doesn't get initialized until it is needed.

I'll have an update out shortly that fixes this automatically.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I understand that the MSAA 0 support is in beta (and released today), but I thought I might aswell post this report as soon as possible while it's still recent.

I was testing my Darkness Awaits template for the Github transfer, and I decided to test multisampling set to 0 to see what would happen, and this was the results.

msaa0_1.png

msaa0_2.png

As you can see, the particles aren't drawing correctly when multisampling is set to 0.

You can see for yourself by installing this template, Set "multisample" to "0" in the player script, and playing the start map. Walk around and watch the flames toggle on and off depending on distance.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

I don't know why this is happening, but I also found the decal shader needs modification...actually, it needs two versions, one for MSAA textures and one for 2D textures. This is the reason I held off on making a workaround like this, it is getting very complicated now.

Okay, the depth problems go away if you fix the ambient light shader as follows:

Change this:

#if SAMPLES==0
gl_FragDepth = texture(texture0,icoord).r;
#else
gl_FragDepth = texelFetch(texture0,icoord,0).r;
#endif

To this:

#if SAMPLES==0
gl_FragDepth = texture(texture0,coord).r;
#else
gl_FragDepth = texelFetch(texture0,icoord,0).r;
#endif

• Upvote 1

Okay MSAA=0 should work completely fine now, including with decals. Update your project to get the updated shaders.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone who experienced this bug previously please download the latest Win10 driver and tell me if this demo still displays an error:

http://community.amd.com/amd.zip

If so, please tell me your exact graphics card.

Link to amd.zip is dead, I still have it from before, got it from http://leadwerks.com/amd.zip. Anyway, still broken. Details below:

VcioT0v.png

5cSSXqy.pngyrW02Gi.pngjci6Ixl.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd see a new driver update and install it with a pain in my heart. The heavy weight of despair would sap any hope that would allow there to be light in such a dark place. The walls of my office echo with the sound of my tears of updates past.

But Today, today all that **** changes! Drinks all around!

Driver version 16.7.3

g7LAMqY.png

• Upvote 3