Random mouse hide problem after lastest beta update...

Hi Josh,

You closed the other thread where I mentioned this is. While the other issues were resolved (thank you), I still get random cases of the mouse pointer not hiding when it should. This was not an issue before the recent beta updates that included the GUI work you added.

It SEEMS like a Windows wait icon (the small spinning circle thing) will trigger it. That's the only connection I've been able to make, but I can't say for certain that's the cause.

--"There is no spoon"

An update on this: it is definitely a bug with the latest beta update. I've confirmed it does not happen with the previous beta data.

I understand this is beta and such. Just letting you know there is something going on...

--"There is no spoon"

No suggestion on how to duplicate other than that I use the HideMouse() command to hide the mouse, and it doesn't. This gets called more than once, by the way, depending on the game's current state. This behavior does not occur in Leadwerks release version, and does on latest beta version.

The wait icon is arbitrary--it's visible because the mouse isn't hidden; but it's not a trigger as I first thought.

I build against the beta and it's broke. I build against the latest release and it's fine.

--"There is no spoon"

• 2 weeks later...

I've been encountering this problem in Beta as well.

I have some reproductions steps that work about 80% of the time for me.

Steps

1. Open a fairly large project

2. Run the project

3. While its loading move the mouse out of the game window

4. Wait to the mouse to be automatically centered back into the game window

5. Click on the game window a few times - Note the Windows loading circle

6. Leave the mouse in the game window

7. When the game finishes loading the mouse remains un-hidden in the game window.

To avoid the problem altogether, I don't move the mouse out of the game window while its loading.

Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...