Poly mesh collider not saved properly

blueapples

I have the Cottages package from the Workshop and try to add a Poly Mesh collider to Cottage 1 or Cottage 2. This appears to work fine:

post-17500-0-13338500-1468285162_thumb.png

But when I run the game, the outside walls have no collision. Reopening the MDL I find that it is clear they are lacking that part of the collision mesh somehow:

post-17500-0-34728000-1468285171_thumb.png

Is there any way I can fix this or is it just a bug?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I figured out what is happening with these.

When you place the model in your map you can see by default the model is scaled up 12 times.

The shape loader skips very small triangles in order to prevent surfaces with no area, which could crash the simulator. In this case, those triangles are falling below the threshold for minimum surface area and are being skipped.

I can lower the area threshold or you can collapse the model, which resizes it and sets the scale to 1.0.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Cool I was thinking it had something to do with the size as I had noticed the scaling as well, glad the collapse thing is considered a good fix. Maybe it would be useful to ask Workshop authors do that as a last step by default and/or require tested colliders?