How to change data.zip encryption password

maxlxl

Hello, I'm new here ;)

I have searched on Google and also directly here in the forum but I didn't found anything about it.

How and who can I change the password of the encrypted data.zip (The file gets created by publishing the game as standalone.)

Sorry for this possible dump question and thanks for all helpful answers.

Max :)

You can't, unless you zip the contents up yourself. If you have the pro version you can use the Package class, and set its "password" member to your own password, then extract files. There's no way to do this with Lua because the password would just be sitting there in n unencrypted script file.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Actually, it looks like the Package::Load() commands has an optional password parameter you can use, so that's simpler.

This class is not exposed to Lua because all zip files in the game directory are automatically loaded.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't, unless you zip the contents up yourself. If you have the pro version you can use the Package class, and set its "password" member to your own password, then extract files. There's no way to do this with Lua because the password would just be sitting there in n unencrypted script file.

Six months ago I tried to enter my password in this class, but it didn't work

PkQBKlTfF3U.jpg

Operating System: Windows 10 home x64 / Mint 17.3 x64

Hardware: Core i5 480m // 6 GB DDR3 // Nvidia GF GT540m 1Gb GDDR3

Six months ago I tried to enter my password in this class, but it didn't work

Sorry for the bump, but you shouldn't be doing it like that... You add it as an argument when you're calling Leadwerks::Package::Load();

You shouldn't edit Leadwerk's included header files and all you're doing is setting your password as a default parameter when you don't specify one when calling it. .But yeah I don't think editing these header files has any effect... I tried it once when I was bored (or maybe you have to rebuild your project instead of just build?). But either way it shouldn't be done.

The headers just give you the function signatures so the compiler see's the functions and it can tell everything is in order, so yes altering those shouldn't cause any real functionality to change as the actual code is in the LE library which we don't have access to that source that it was compiled from.

• Upvote 1

The headers just give you the function signatures so the compiler see's the functions and it can tell everything is in order, so yes altering those shouldn't cause any real functionality to change as the actual code is in the LE library which we don't have access to that source that it was compiled from.

Thanks, good to know.