Failed To Load Texture (Over Network)

gamecreator

I hesitate to even post this because it's a very specific and unique problem. When I try to run my game through a shared folder on my laptop, I get "Error: Failed to load texture "/:X-pc/project/Materials/Menus/menuscreen.tex"

I'm trying to test some Steam networking between my laptop and desktop (using two Steam accounts) by sharing the desktop's project folder and running it from my laptop. It starts to run fine but then can't find that networked file (first texture loaded).

If I copy the entire project folder to the laptop then it runs fine. I can just keep copying over the updated EXE (maybe I can even make a shortcut for this) so it's not a big deal. But thought it was worth a mention.

Edit: I did make sure to give the folder write permissions as well, just in case that mattered.

I probably didn't explain that clearly. The networking is done normally through Steam commands but that was just to clarify why I'm running the program on two computers.

I have my project folder on my desktop computer and it runs fine. I then share that folder so that my laptop can access it over the network.

I can access the desktop computer folder from my laptop and run the EXE fine. But when it starts loading textures, it can't find them and I get the above error in the console.

However, if I copy the project folder from my desktop to my laptop, it runs fine directly. It's just something about the network access that confuses Leadwerks so that it can't find subdirectories... or so it seems.

Regardless, it's a good thought to test direct access other files and see if that works, like through fopen or something.

The code is also relative, just to clarify.

Texture* texture=Texture::Load("Materials/Menus/menuscreen.tex");