Targeting hardware

martyj

So my game is getting close to being ready for a demo.

Currently I have an AMD Radeon 280X. It's getting a little dated at the moment. Can handle BF4 at decent FPS at 1080p, but my game at the moment runs pretty terrible with it. Especially with recording.

I will be buying a new card soon, at least to speed up development.

But my question is, what graphics cards should we be targeting for the main stream user as low end?

I personally think integrated graphics are out of the question as far as specs goes.

What modern graphics card do you think should be targeted for a modern 3D game? AMD just released a hell of a card for $200 the 480.

I have the GTX 750 Ti, and it was great for a while, but I'm now struggling to play some of the latest games on low settings. I think that might not be a bad low end (or even the 280X depending on when you plan to release) when you consider how the market will look in the future. It seems like almost half of GPUs on Steam have 2 GB VRAM or above, and I think the GTX 750 Ti in on the lower end of 2 GB cards, but I might be wrong.

The good news is that GPU throughput should continue to increase rapidly, unlike the CPU market.

The minimum requirements should be the minimum that will run it, which is the same as Leadwerks requirements. Recommended requirements are what you should have for a good experience.

That said, I am doing most of my dev work on Intel graphics these days. When Intel graphics are detected the engine automatically uses the lowest quality settings, and you might be surprised how well that runs.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

There's running and there's running. If your game runs at 10fps on some hardware, I don't think it's fair to call it a minimum.

Exactly. In my opinion minimum specs should be able to run the game at 60 fps (or 50 at least) on lowest possible settings.

I'm not paying for a game to be able to launch executable file, I'm paying to be able to have good experience.