Little Dagon - Summer Games 2016

Jazz

Thanks Megalocerous!

Any feedback from anyone who's tried it is appreciated.

Some info I'll throw out there... I didn't spend much time on level design. Most time was spent on core gameplay.

Gliding was the hardest part because it doesn't use physics.

I made all the (terrible) dragon animations and re-skinned him lol.

Made some textures including the stone wall one in the title screen. The brown stone texture on the platforms was my first ever hand painted texture using my drawing tablet (and it shows).

Modeled the gems, spawn point crystal, platforms, all the rocks, the trees (and made the textures) and wall around the town.

Depending on feedback I may make more levels.

Well that's a quick rundown. I still play it through for fun.

When I had the GUI in I asked my son to test just the GUI. He played the whole game through for fun, again. He's my tester. smile.png

---

Scott

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Core I7-2700K @ 4312mhz/24G RAM/Nvidia GTX 1060

• 3 weeks later...

i really liked the game, i also died once to the enemy on the main island mainly because i wasn't expecting it lol, I however didn't make it to the other island because i could never make the jump tried like 50 times having to restart each time i lost all my lives, tried all different jumping points but could never make it, either im missing something or its almost impossible lol.

yeah i tried all combinations of jumping and never made it but i was playing at like 2 am so maybe i was just being derpy so i will try again tonight.

I'm wondering if it's an issue with certain pc's. I've tested it from 2Ghz to 4.3Ghz with AMD and at 3.5Ghz with nVidia with vsync on and off. I had no problems but it is possible there's something else going on there. Hmm, they're both running Windows 7 and I have no Windows 10 to test it on. I'll look into it.

---

Scott

Another great game.

Love the Dragon with his glide mechanic. Like the skybox with mountains. I just wanted to fly the dragon off into them.

Like the respawn of the dragon when you miss the platforms, clever.

Good work.

Thanks! I had planned on making level(s) where all you do is fly around shooting things. Level design is something I need practice with though. smile.png

• Upvote 1

---

Scott

Wow, this game has great production value - everything looks, sounds and plays great! The character designs and animations were pretty solid and I also liked the visuals when blowing up the chests. The first jump is a doozy. I died a bunch of times before I got a hang of the glide mechanic. Perhaps introduce the player to the glide mechanic with non-lethal jumps initially?

A great little game overall!

Wow, this game has great production value - everything looks, sounds and plays great! The character designs and animations were pretty solid and I also liked the visuals when blowing up the chests. The first jump is a doozy. I died a bunch of times before I got a hang of the glide mechanic. Perhaps introduce the player to the glide mechanic with non-lethal jumps initially?

A great little game overall!

Thank you. That is a good idea as some people are having trouble with getting distance with gliding (and dying a lot). I could move level 1 to 2 and make level 1 a tutorial. Games can't improve without feedback. wink.png

---

Scott

ok i managed to make the jump and i finished the game (after a few more deaths lol) and i really enjoyed it, the second level was great i hope to see more in the future.

Glad you made it! More levels and things will be added.

---

Scott

• 2 weeks later...