Shadow Falloff

SlipperyBrick

I was wondering if this can be fixed without having to change or amend anything in C++

I've set my lighting quality to 2 but have had no change.

When I go a little far away from objects that are receiving shadows the shadow seems to have some sort of falloff. Here is an image to show you what I mean, you can see where my mouse cursor is the top of the wall the shadow is disappearing.

wGVkCbO.png

I am wondering if there is anything I can change in my project to stop this from happening, or if there is some values I can change to makes this effect not so prominent?

Haha!

I have increased the lighting quality in my Main.lua. When I move away from the edge it gets bigger, like its spreading and the shadow slowly disappears.

I have a directional light in there and a point light. I also have the ssao.lua in my post process stack. When I start to move closer to the edge the 'artifact' disappears and the shadow shows up. Its almost like some sort of LOD effect where far away the shadow doesn't render then the closer you get it shows up with good quality.