Leadwerks Engine ROYALTIES

imothep85

Hi,

i was reading abotu this engine, a lot of infos.

ONE THING who is not completly clear to me is:

DO we have to PAY royalties on our sales on steam???

Because you said NO ROYALTIE.

BUT i found THIS on your own website:

Leadwerks Software will review and may make your item available for purchase.

You will receive 50% of sales of your item directly from Valve each month via wire transfer.

Valve will keep 30% of each sale, and 20% will go to Leadwerks Software.

A $100 minimum balance is required to initiate a payment.

If this amount if not met in a month, it will carry over until it is reached.

I think your quote there is for items submitted to the workshop for sale. ie models and textures not games.

I'd still wait for Josh to reply just to be sure.

It certainly is. Games made with leadwerks (according to the official EULA) are Royalty free.

Sold workshop items are not accounted for in the EULA, so you have to pay for the use of the system.

BUT i found THIS on your own website:

This seems a little accusatory with what is capitalized lol. As others have said the engine itself has a workshop where people can make models and such to sell to other people (although I think he put this on hold for now). If you just want to make a game and sell it somewhere LE will not take ANY of your MONEY!

• Upvote 1

You can make and sell your games royalty-free. If you sell items in the Workshop Store, Valve will take 30% and Leadwerks will take 20%.

Is this only for the Steam Workshop or is there also any Royalty (the 20% taken by Leadwerks), if you offer items on diffrent platforms then the Workshop. For example a model pack for Leadwerks on itch.io?

Is this only for the Steam Workshop or is there also any Royalty (the 20% taken by Leadwerks), if you offer items on diffrent platforms then the Workshop. For example a model pack for Leadwerks on itch.io?

In that case, 15% is taken by Leadwerks, 10% by Shadmar, 10% by Roland, 10% by Rick, and 10% by me. smile.png

Re-read the sentence from Josh that you quoted and you have the answer to your question:

"If you sell items in the Workshop Store, Valve will take 30% and Leadwerks will take 20%."

• Upvote 6

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Re-read the sentence from Josh that you quoted and you have the answer to your question:

"If you sell items in the Workshop Store, Valve will take 30% and Leadwerks will take 20%."

The point is it is not mentioned that there are royalties on other platforms, which does not mean there are no, but I guess I got it. Haven't expected royalties on other platforms, but there is no reason for not double check this :)

• Upvote 1