Odd issue with player character screen flickering

BES

Yeah, I load up any map with a character controller it does this:

I removed it from the scene and brought it back in...same thing happens, restarted the engine, same thing happens..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

• 2 months later...

Well it looks like the mouse is being moved in a funny way. Which OS is this? Is the window active? Anything else funny going on?

Can you upload a demo?

I use a customized Windows 8 64bit Pro, nothing else funny was going on, yes the window was active.

Sorry, don't have a demo to upload atm..and sorry for the late reply, been busy.

I also use a wireless 2.4g USB 3.0, 2,500 DPI mouse...highly doubt that is the issue.

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

• 3 weeks later...

The mouse is suspect.

Tried a different mouse: Logitech M525 USB 2.0 wireless ...have the same issue..

Does it sound anything like this?:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/231310/discussions/0/864978109732518495/

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/16202580491

I have seen a lot of problems with high-DPI mice, not sure if this is your issue though.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Does it sound anything like this?:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/231310/discussions/0/864978109732518495/

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/16202580491

I have seen a lot of problems with high-DPI mice, not sure if this is your issue though.

Nope ...going to try deleting my project folder (made a backup) ..basically uninstall/remove everything.

Maybe starting over will fix it.. it has been like this for ages (6months or more) and it is preventing me from doing anything with the engine..

The video you posted indicates it is the mouse, its drivers, the mouse settings in windows, or a combination of those. Quick google search shows numerous issues with windows 8 and high dpi mouse users across a wide variety of applications and games. Suggested fixes include updated drivers for the mouse, disable the display scaling on high DPI settings, turn off enhance pointer precision or mouse sensitivity, etc...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

The video you posted indicates it is the mouse, its drivers, the mouse settings in windows, or a combination of those. Quick google search shows numerous issues with windows 8 and high dpi mouse users across a wide variety of applications and games. Suggested fixes include updated drivers for the mouse, disable the display scaling on high DPI settings, turn off enhance pointer precision or mouse sensitivity, etc...

There are no drivers for the mouse I have..it is an E-Blue Mazer(gaming mouse).. it is plug and play...the program they give you is for precise mouse control and none of those fixed the problem.

I tried to verify if that is actually the issue by switching to my Windows 10 with the same mouse and a fresh install of leadwerks, I was not able to verify yet..since the default maps and character controller prefabs are missing for some reason in the new version ...my issue even happened on the default maps.

I tried copying my player prefab from my other project ..but it gave an error saying it was empty.. I was trying not to copy too much from my project backup in case any code I had was causing the mouse issue.