Material Scale

SlipperyBrick

It doesn't appear to update in the Material Editor, but the changes you make there do update with any newly created object in the Editor that has that material or when an existing CSG object is moved. Also, if you make the change via the Texture Mapping in the Editor, it updates the selected face.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Other than not updating within the material editor itself and what I listed above, I am not having any issues with this as far as not working at all. What OS and material/shaders are you trying this with? Have you tried doing this as well via selected faces?

macklebee's channel

I am running Windows 10.

All the shaders are the default (diffuse+normal+specular) and I'm applying my material to static meshes rather than CSG. I can select faces on CSG in face mode and adjust the scale in the 'Objects' tab with no problem. When I select my material and view it in the material editor and adjust the mapping scale in there nothing changes at all, this is the same for CSG and static models. I have tried everything from making a new material and adjusting the mapping scale and then applying it to my meshes, I've tried looking at the API to see if there is a function for scaling a material too (can't find anything, plus that isn't really an ideal way to do it all in code)

Well, the mapping scale is meant only for CSG as mentioned in the material tutorial:

Mapping scale: The mapping scale controls the way a material is automatically mapped across the face of a brush. This is a multiplier that can be used to make materials appear bigger or smaller on a surface by default, so that additional adjustments are not needed.

The Material Editor is not using CSG for its models I suspect, but rather models embedded into the program. Yes, it doesn't appear that the brush/face's mapping scale is exposed which is not surprising considering Josh's previous statement about the brush class:

The brush entity is not documented or "official" because it is too complicated to use. To create brushes you have to do things like update the tex coords, normals, build the faces and edges, and build the visible geometry. I don't want the user to think this is something they need to know.

So essentially, the mapping scale is only applied to CSG which means only applied to brushes created within the Editor. Like I mentioned above if you change a brush's material mapping scale that is already created within the editor, it will not update visibly in the editor unless you move the existing brush. Even if you do not update in the editor, it will still update in game.

• Upvote 1

macklebee's channel

Ah right, thanks for the info macklebee!

I thought there was a way to scale any material for any kind of surface, be it CSG or a static mesh, looks like you can't do this in Leadwerks. I'm sure I've managed to do it before lol, ah well back to the drawing board. For now I'll just have to extend my UV's outside the 0 - 1 space for tiling textures.