jen

Shadmar's Ocean Shader & Sprites Problem

Hi, has anyone used Shadmar's Ocean shader and encountered the sprite problem? See below. I've got a sprite billboard on top of the water (not submerged) that disappears when the background is the water body of the ocean.

The material of the sprite is set to solid with pure white texture using the default diffuse.shader (not alpha, it looks like it's set to alpha but no).

Image 1: Sprite can be seen here with the object behind it (not water). Also note the axis cursors, you can see them in this image but on the others they also disappear.

IHuNYhg.jpg

Image 2: Looking at the sprite from a different angle. Sprite is now in front of the water body - still not submerged (ignore the pivot object), slowly disappearing

cZDhRAT.jpg

Image 3: Sprite cut in half, the visible part is in front of an object and not the water body

JM0R3cF.jpg

Image 4: pWhqCt3.jpg

Image 5: Strange, Pivot sprites aren't affected by this.

PU6D5C3.png

Where did l post this shader? Looks like the one from DinoLand. I'm almost sure I didn't release that one.

Where did l post this shader? Looks like the one from DinoLand. I'm almost sure I didn't release that one.

Any plans for oficial release? :)

I think such low level features like this complex shader should be included by default in the engine and not as addon.

Game programmers should focus on their game mechanics and not waste their time building shaders, because they will loose too much willpower trying to go this way (Shadmar is the exception).

It's ok to use for personal and non-commercial games.

Parts of it are CC-BY-NC-SA, not by my choice.

So no official release.