Spline tool: paths, roads and more

AggrorJorn

Spline tools package has been uploaded and is awaiting curation. Tomorrow I will start recording detailed tutorials on how to set up specific paths and roads. All tutorials will also be in a written format on the wiki. https://bitbucket.org/Aggror/splinetools/wiki/Home

Bugs can be reported here: https://bitbucket.org/Aggror/splinetools/issues 

The devlog is a little rough this time, but it is getting late. :)

• Upvote 1

On 25-8-2017 at 4:32 PM, martyj said:

You could also make animated characters easily using Daz3D. It's free too.

You need a special license (I think it's $500 for Indie or so), to use Daz3D content (meshes and textures) in commercial products though. 

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

2 hours ago, martyj said:

Any idea on when this will be released and for how much? I think it would be cool to make rivers with this.

It's already uploaded to the workshop. It just needs to be curated. Depending on if I can change the price afterwards, I want to have an introduction price of $8.00. when more features get added the price goes up. Early adopters will get all feature updates for free since they own the tool already.

Rivers are basically already possible with the Road editor. You can already set the material. Just needs a shader for the movement and your good. 

Sorry for the short replies. I just got back from a developer conference in Berlin.

I send another pm to Josh about approving the item. Josh did say that it was something he had to approve himself. So the voting system that you see on Steam doesn't 'aprove' of the item.

On 9/4/2017 at 7:32 PM, randomdude said:

Yes sounds like a good idea. How about amazon? I can buy these cards everywhere.

Amazon seems like a good alternative, if I can simply upload a zip there and can update it whenever I want. I look in to this this evening.

Forgive the messy launch. Browsing directly via the workshop gives you an information page, but not a page where you can buy it. You have to go via the Leadwerks Steam store page and view listed items.

http://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/251810/detail/1119273174/ 

It looks like I can't set the price myself via the editor or the steam interface. Josh apparently has to do this for me. I also don't know if I can change it. :wacko::unsure: The Steam interface could really use some improvements. It is also not clear to me which price is currently set. The workshop only shows that it is available. It is also not visible via in the workshop tab from the Editor. Maybe that takes some times before it is processed. 

Here is a little loading spinner gif I should have posted a few weeks back..... :) 

splinerotation.thumb.gif.1928c194bf6939847e56ce50154b4c3f.gif

Thanks for the support everyone.

9 hours ago, martyj said:

It was really hard to find the item in the shop.
Viewing the workshop only shows "curated" items, and not items to be purchased.
You have to navigate to the Leadwerks steam Store page, then find the item on that.

The workshop is a really confusing and incomplete store imo. The link I provided earlier doesn't even show a price at all. You really have to navigate through several pages on Steam before you get to the correct page. I can't imagine how many people must have stopped looking for paid items when it is this complex to find something.

There is currently an issue with opening the example maps when using Leadwerks on Linux. More info here: 

8 hours ago, martyj said:

Purchased.

It was really hard to find the item in the shop.

Viewing the workshop only shows "curated" items, and not items to be purchased.

You have to navigate to the Leadwerks steam Store page, then find the item on that.

I don't recommend using the Steam Workshop interface to browse the Leadwerks store.  It's the third item when you open the Workshop window in the editor.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.