Spline tool: paths, roads and more

AggrorJorn

I cant seem to run the examples. It probably just me.

I figured out that the splinetools folder needs to manually moved to the script folder after install (3900 load errors if not :)  )

But now I get

"D:/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/spline/scripts/splinetools/editor/editorspline.lua" : 14 : attempt to call global 'new' (a nil value)

• Upvote 1

HP Omen - 16GB - i7 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

Hi Shadmar, 

Awesome that you want to use the tool. For the splinetools to work, the splinetools.lua need to be included in the main.lua or you can attach the SplineTools/EditorSplineTools.lua script to an entity in your scene which loads the script for you.

For more details see this short tutorial: https://bitbucket.org/Aggror/splinetools/wiki/Getting started

Come to think of it, adding the EditorSplineTools.lua script to the examples makes sense since that is probably where most people start.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 

I will upload an update tonight containing terrain textures and adding the SplineTools automatically for all the example scenes. Thanks for reporting Shadmar. I am leaving the vegetation out, to keep the file size smaller. 

I also have to re-record the videos that I uploaded (weren't published yet) since there are some small updates.

3 hours ago, martyj said:

Any suggestions on how I can fix the rotation issue in this video?

Hey MaryJ,

This can be caused by several factors. Are you using node rotation? If so then the most obvious reason is that the rotation inverses at a given point. It will rotate to the desired rotation, but it is doing so in the wrong direction. This is were the reversed properties come in to play. On every path node you have the option for reversing the spline rotation. In your case you probably need to set the ReverseY rotation checkbox to true for the node where the rotation starts to go in to the wrong direction.

I will have try to explain this better in a wiki article and video. You can also see this in action in the example map "Rotation based on nodes.". The second node in that map, has the ReverseY option checked.

See this wiki page: https://bitbucket.org/Aggror/splinetools/wiki/EditorPathNode

2482988718-reverse%20rotation.png

• Upvote 2

I went ahead and created a new topic in the Promotional section of the forum. If you have any feedback, ideas, a cool image or video of your project using the spline tools, feel free to make a post in the linked topic. This weekend I hope to release the next cool feature for the spline tools, so stay tuned. :)

Workshop

SplineTools announcement

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...