App.cpp and Animation Manager.lua

Merries

Watching some video tutorials from 2013 on setting up the animation of a player character. In the video, he makes some coding additions in the App.cpp file.

Keeping in mind coding is a challenge for me, though I'm learning so much more in Lua then I have in the past.

Would you still add these functions in the App.cpp file to get a character animating and what is the uses for the Animation Manager script?

Thank you!

3D Game Asset Artist

As of 4.2, we no longer use the animation manager script (although if your project was using this before, there is nothing stopping you from continuing to use this approach). This functionality has been built into the engine. Two new commands have been added to the engine:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/api-reference/_/entity/entityplayanimation-r918

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/api-reference/_/entity/entitystopanimation-r919

These can be called at any time. The "Animation\SimpleAnimation.lua" script is the easiest way to handle this.

The PlayAnimation function will handle animation updating for you, so you only have to call it once. It also handles transitions between animations automatically.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.