Video Tutorials & Written Walkthroughs

Merries

Watching a video tutorial is a very helpful resource, however, having a written document with the same steps can often help even more.

In most cases when recording you are referring to a document you have written, some people can do a video tutorial off the top of their heads.

It does take quite some time to type out a document for a video tutorial so in that case perhaps providing a pdf/doc of the scripts with highlighting and good notes would be very helpful.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

3D Game Asset Artist

I agree.

We have a UI refresh coming in the spring and I want to do this before recording a bunch of videos, so I don't have to go back and do it again.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

If the videos were about 1 min long and focused on 1 specific topic I think video tutorials would be easier personally. You can often show what needs to be done faster than reading. It would make it easier to update/replace those videos when things change too. I think as a creator it's easier to fire up the editor and record a 1 min video showing something than writing the same amount of information that you can convey in that 1 min.

• Upvote 1