A Demon's Game - Issues found thus far.

lxFirebal69xl

Due to the game being released on steam, I was able to find a few issues with the game/leadwerks that weren't apparent before.

I'll be updating the thread as time goes on for everyone's ease of use, especially Josh.

Loading times are long, even using the new

--Pause garbage collection
System:GCSuspend()

--Resume garbage collection
System:GCResume()

NOT FIXED YET.

Switching from windowed to fullscreen is causing the game to stretch more than it should for a user.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/15419-switching-from-windowed-to-fullscreen-screws-up-resolution/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/569430/discussions/1/154644045364507570/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/569430/discussions/1/154644045358568399/

NOT FIXED YET.

Keypad script making some users crash!

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/15409-keypad-script-makes-some-user-crash/

Made changes to the code ( Thanks SRB ) waiting on player's feedback!

ClearPostEffects() bleeds out graphics.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/15421-clearposteffects-making-graphics-go-crazy/#entry103400

FIXED.

I'll be updating this post as time goes on.

Regarding #2, according to the steam post the issue is fixed? Without seeing example code that causes this issue one can only guess what the issue could be. Does he have multiple monitors or anything? I cannot get it to screw up when switching from windowed to fullscreen in any of my examples.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Regarding #2, according to the steam post the issue is fixed? Without seeing example code that causes this issue one can only guess what the issue could be. Does he have multiple monitors or anything? I cannot get it to screw up when switching from windowed to fullscreen in any of my examples.

The issue fixed was this "In windowed mode the game crashes for me after the prologue with Lucy is done.

I tried verifying game files and reinstalling."

Not this "I can only run this in windowed mode, fullscreen messes with the screen resolution or something and I can't point-click and select options or new game."

Also this guy has the same problem: (added to original post)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/569430/discussions/1/154644045358568399/

@lxFirebal69xl

For the number two bug, the screen stretches too much or something. I think I have the some problem when playing your demo few weeks ago. Forgot to report it to you and Josh. Sorry.

It could be because of nvidia DSR. Somehow it does not play nice with Leadwerks or your game. If the user installed NVIDIA Geforce Experience, it will sometimes enabled DSR automatically. So the user does not even know that it is even enabled. Also I'm using dual monitor setup (extended). Might be the cause of the problem also ?

To fix this issue currently is disable DSR from NVIDIA control panel. Hopefully Josh can replicate and fix this officially without user need to disable DSR from NVIDIA Control Panel. (If it is Leadwerks problem and not your script or something)

**I just tested this again to confirm. Yes It is fixed with DSR disabled.

Regarding 1, it doesn't work because level transition is being handled via the template that I wrote during the 3.6 era. The template if I recall correctly doesn't allow quick window to fullscreen mode (It actually requires a restart) and fullscreen auto forces to the user's current monitor resolution.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

@lxFirebal69xl

For the number two bug, the screen stretches too much or something. I think I have the some problem when playing your demo few weeks ago. Forgot to report it to you and Josh. Sorry.

It could be because of nvidia DSR. Somehow it does not play nice with Leadwerks or your game. If the user installed NVIDIA Geforce Experience, it will sometimes enabled DSR automatically. So the user does not even know that it is even enabled. Also I'm using dual monitor setup (extended). Might be the cause of the problem also ?

To fix this issue currently is disable DSR from NVIDIA control panel. Hopefully Josh can replicate and fix this officially without user need to disable DSR from NVIDIA Control Panel. (If it is Leadwerks problem and not your script or something)

**I just tested this again to confirm. Yes It is fixed with DSR disabled.

Thanks for that find! I just told the people with problems to disable DSR, see if that fixes it for them, will update in a bit.

Regarding 1, it doesn't work because level transition is being handled via the template that I wrote during the 3.6 era. The template if I recall correctly doesn't allow quick window to fullscreen mode (It actually requires a restart) and fullscreen auto forces to the user's current monitor resolution.

I should really drop LEX1 altogether but I was waiting until the GUI update to do that.