question before buy

behdadsoft

What kind of game are you interested in making?

I want Make a 3rd Person Game like Resident Evil 3 and Fighting game (Already I made a 2d Fighting game with AGK 2 and want make 3d game. )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.behdadgames.battle_of_shadows

I don't like Unity and want make a game with other game engines like Leadwerks but tutorial for it is very poor also in youtube.

That isn't really what ppl think when you say 3rd person camera but that camera system is easy just tedious to setup. What I would do is place triggers at each area you want the camera to switch. Then place pivots and rotate them as placeholders for the one camera. Link the pivot to the trigger. When the player hits the trigger it looks for the linked pivot and uses its position and rotation values to set the global cameras position and rotation.

The hardest part about making a game like that is the art, level design, and story. The coding for a game like that is pretty easy and Leadwerks could do that very easily.

I think what this user needs is a complete single-level game that he can take and just add more levels to, then release his game. We're the easiest game engine to use, but I need to go that last extra step to connect with the user.

Obviously we can't have a template for every single game anyone would want to make, but people would adjust their goals according to what was readily available.

I think it's more reasonable to expect the user to modify and extend existing games rather than create something new from scratch.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I think that's clearly this users ideal (who would say no to that) but it sounds to me like this user wants to hear how things are generally done in Leadwerks. For example it seems to be a common thought that you'd have many cameras in your scene for a game like resident evil 3. It's helpful for a new person to hear that you would really only have one camera pretty much always and that pivots can be used for placeholders for all sorts of things, including cameras.

Triggers and how they work and explain what they could be used for too.

He's explaining the documentation is lacking. I don't view documentation as just "here's how you use this function" but also why and when would I use said function/object as related to various common game ideas. He mentions YouTube too. That's more people looking for YouTube tutorial videos. I'm tempted to make 2 min videos on various topics as I think that's what a good number of people want. If anything it puts more presence of Leadwerks on YouTube.

That's the beautiful thing about Leadwerks though. It has layers, so it's easy at the top, but you don't get stuck when you want to go deeper. I don't have to change anything to add a new ready-to-use template.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

That's doors. How does that relate to what this person is asking about? It's also 10 mins long. Too long I think. We live in a world of 2 min clips of everything. Videos have to be short. I get that now. You have to jump in, get the jist, and jump out. A lot of times ppl just need to be pointed in the right direction on the idea in said engine.

How do I make health?

How do I make a trigger and what can I use them for?

How do I get Resident Evil 3 camera setup?

How can I shoot? (Simple raycast)

What is a raycast, what uses dies it have, and how does it work in Leadwerks.

Basically a video per function in LE and where/why would you use it. The current text per function is handy for syntax usage only really, which I use all the time so keep that :), but why would you use the function is just as important. Once you get the idea in the persons head they'll be more likely to dig in and try. It doesn't have to be so complete and thorough at the starting stages of a new user.

If I look at a new engine I'm looking for how that engine does things. I want to trigger something. That should be able to be explained in a 2 min video and if it can't then the API needs work. I say this specifically for triggers because I think LE lacks on enter/leave idea. You have to code those ourselves which means you spend the entire 2 mins explaining that which is wrong. Every game has doors. Why is that a 10 min video and a ton of text to explain that? I'd say that hints that maybe the API is lacking in door functionality or maybe the video can be more to the point?

Is there a Leadwerks YouTube playlist of tutorials like that? Is that emailed to new users or posted everywhere pointing them to that? Having a vs like start to the editor like you said would be a great place for that.

• Like 1