SetInput

gamecreator

Was SetInput changed to not trigger when move is 0? I'm trying to call it to rotate my character but it doesn't seem to unless the character is moving.

This will rotate the character

controller->SetInput(camerarotation.y, 0.000000000000000000001, strafe*speed, jump);

but this will not

controller->SetInput(camerarotation.y, 0.0, strafe*speed, jump);

• Upvote 3

I am having this issue with a new project I am working on as well. It seems like this was a recent change because I remember being able to rotate without using movement in the past.

Side note: I wish there was more detailed documentation on the Character Controller. It is one of the features of leadwerks that I use the most and have the most trouble with. Learning about the character controller is through trial and error or hunting down information as the tutorial for it doesn't mention detailed information about all of its perks and quirks.

Things like the x and z rotation being locked, physics shape being preset and unable to be changed, a list of all of the script functions that work/don't work character controllers, etc. would be useful information to have all presented in one place.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...