Pure³d - Game Development Division

Michael Betke

slug a slow moving pest

is that what you saying about blitz3d lol

Actually he said "a little soldier slug", whose diminutive stature added to the large amount of equipment a militaristic limax minimus would have to carry, means the velocity would be even slower than that. :)

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

The new pack is released. See first post or latest Blog. :)

A small breakdown how I do a rock:

First I do a rought shape with procedural maps and gradients combined with modifiers to get a rought shape. This is around 700.000 polies.

Then I export the Model into Mudbox and work on it further.

After this I re-import it back to 3ds max and bake out the Normalmap and Ambient Occlusion. The Highpoly model was crunched with Pro-Optimizer to Game-Art specs and unwrapped before. I use pelt-mapping and relax-tools for most of the tasks if I do organic models.

In Photoshop I apply the AO plus a base rock texture together with my Normalmap. Sometimes I do a slight blending of two Normalmaps for the final Normalmap.

Then I switch back to 3ds max and do the export and material tweaking.

It's all very common tech with some switching and tweaking here and there.

For this pack I didnt incude the very Highpoly models because I would easily bust 3GB download. One .max file went up to 500MB plus the Mudbox file would also be around 700MB per model, hehe. :D

But I included one .max with non-collapsed modifiers so it#s even possible to build own rocks which fit into the models quite well.

post-6-12710077337811_thumb.jpg

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

Wait a minute - he's German. My lucky day has arrived.

I tell you what, I'll trade you your packs for packs of XXXL size beach towels. I'm sure I can tempt you with some 12 feet by 24 feet big-boys. They come in packs of 10, so you can pretty much occupy a beach with a pack.

I bought the rock pack last night and have had my first play with it and I have to say I'm very impressed. Excellent job Michael. Here is a quick scene I put together tonight and I have to say your rocks make for some pretty decent mountains too!

post-51-12712842311752_thumb.jpg

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

What language shows the Paypal landing page for you guys?

English or German?

Seems someone had problems and it showed a german page to an english guy.

Yep it showing in German, I was going to try and guess it but then couldn't find my country and felt it be best to try and get it into English.

BMax 1.38 * Leadwerks 2.4 * Unity 3.0 Pro * Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 - Win7 64bit - ATI 4870

Just for anyone who might not want to wait ... if you log into Paypal on the German page then Paypal will display the next screen in your language and you can make the transaction.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Thanks Michael and yes the bird can fly; its animated and I've developed code to allow them to fly randomly within any configured area. The level was just experimental, I would never actually use the rocks in that manner in any finalised level but I liked the colouring so much I wanted to see how they would look as hills/cliffs enclosing a valley.

A quick question, having bought the pack would I be able to use some of the textures on other models I make for use in my Leadwerks game or are they strictly for use only with the models you supplied?