Josh

HTML question

I'm trying to create some DIVs or a table with the following layout. The page is basically fixed width. The green block on the left stays the same size and is on the left edge of the fixed width section. The blue block on the right just stretches out to the edge of the page, no matter how the browser is scaled. How do I do this?

post-1-0-40599600-1488337565_thumb.jpg

You can see it here in ths text block and image:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=blogentry&attach_id=10063

A div is normally only as wide as its container. A blind stab id try using a fixed position or css3 translates. I’d really need to have a play with it to give a correct answer. For SEO benefits you really should be looking at a responsive design.

Are you creating everything from scratch? I would not try to reinvent the wheel unless you have really good webdesign skills.

Something like boothstrap would give you the proper tools to dealing with stuff like this.

I use the following in "mystyle.css" file to stretch to the edge of the page, which I call from the html file:-

div.content { margin-left:190px; border-left:1px solid gray; padding:1em; }