My first demo

Herobot

Finally got my first Leadwerks game demo together, looking for feedback!

Game Launcher: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=893683828

I've had some trouble with the Leadwerks Game Launcher, my demo shows up in the steam workshop just fine but not in the actual launcher for some reason. If it's not showing for others then I also put it on Dropbox.

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gjwqb7rafk77drw/AAA0yd470eeypYpknXAJ0uSaa?dl=0

I'm trying to do a 3rd person 3d platformer. The current demo has enemies, switches, door keys and healthpacks. The player can jump and use a melee attack.

Press escape to access the pause menu.

Feedback is appreciated! smile.png

Edit: 1.1 update!

-Enemies now aggro in groups and don't crowd the player while waiting to attack.

-Added checkpoints, no more respawning all the way back at the start!

• Upvote 2

I like it and beat the demo. The music is a perfect fit for the environment.

I know you're still working on it but I suggest that when an enemy sees you and starts chasing you, all enemies in his "group" (nearby) also chase you. I was able to pull them away one by one which seemed like cheating.

Also, if you jump from the top of a ramp you get a nice jump but if you jump while you're running down a ramp, you get a tiny jump. Not sure why.

Great job!

• Upvote 1

Thanks gamecreator! I've updated the demo a little, the enemies now aggro in groups and respect the players space a bit more when they're waiting to attack. I see what you mean about jumping on the ramps, I'll need to fiddle around more to see what's causing that. smile.png

• Upvote 1

Got a problem with my dual monitor setup with nvidia DSR enabled. The game will uses the max DSR resolution and not the native resolution and uses both monitor. Im using 2 1920x1080 monitors with DSR enabled.

Got the same problem with A demons game. Need to disable DSR for it to work correctly.

• 5 months later...
On 29/03/2017 at 10:44 PM, tumira said:

Got a problem with my dual monitor setup with nvidia DSR enabled. The game will uses the max DSR resolution and not the native resolution and uses both monitor. Im using 2 1920x1080 monitors with DSR enabled.

Got the same problem with A demons game. Need to disable DSR for it to work correctly.

I did a demo of my latest project and some users with NVIDIA's DSR enabled got the same error.
When you have some spare time, can you please take a look into this @Josh ? :)

My Leadwerks games!

https://ragingmages.itch.io/