Animation Bone Scaling

Thanks gamecreator for the info.

Together with bones being pruned and now realised animating scale doesn't work, I'm struggling with the workarounds I have to do. Now that i'm animating more heavily than before.

I'd expect that what I export is what I get in LE, why would I want anything else? Is it possible to rectify these issues please Josh?

If you need a test file let me know.

• Upvote 2
trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

For the purposes of my current task its for the sliding open/close of a shower curtain using scale it bunches up nicely. Basicly I had the animation done in 2 minutes and it looked great. Now I'm using move and adjusting the weight values which is impossible to get right without any clipping issues. I'd also like to use it on some of the fingers in some fps animations, for little adjustments. I know doing that isn't very realistic, but as long as it looks right, it dosen't matter. I'm pretty confident I'll need it in the future for models not yet developed

I understand it's not a very common thing to do, but I think the exported animation should be true to what I'm seeing in a modeling program and should be free to use it.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

A lot of interesting movement can be done with scale, like monsters with tentacles.

This is not a good argument for adding something that will slow down animation for the 100% of people not using that capability.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Does the shower curtain require bones? Why not just place the pivot on one side and scale the model? It should fold up if you just shrink it on one axis.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

If you have a bone for each ring, why not attach the curtain vertices to the nearest bone? Then the whole thing will squish up and the rings will remain the same size. That's how I would approach this anyways.

• 1 year later...

Animation scaling will not be added in Leadwerks. It might be added in the next engine, because animation is basically free in that architecture.

• Josh locked this topic