Monthly Script Challenge June 2017

Thirsty Panther

Welcome to the Sixth Monthly Script Challenge

Each Month I will set a challenge for gifted Leadwerkers to solve. Once you have perfected your script post your map to this thread. At the end of the month I will go through all the entries and judge the winner. I will then place the winning map on the Workshop so others can learn from them.

Rules.

Entries must be your own work.

Entries must be submitted before the end of the month ( June ).

Any assets you use must be your own or Royalty free.

The map that you submit can be used by others for commercial use.

Have fun.

June Challenge

After asking for suggestions from the Leadwerks community . I've decided to use Slastraf idea of Flying Enemies. 

The enemy could be like a dragon that circles and swoops on the player to attack them causing damage.

Skyrim-dragon-gameplay1-585x328.jpg.ca0af8832bf1756007f1bcb401470cea.jpg

Or perhaps it could be a drone like enemy that tracks the player and shoots them as it gets within range.

Drone2.png.59a386e7ef876d51b3e0e233e2df138c.png

How you implement your script is up to you. Remember the winning script should not only solve the problem but should also have comprehensive comments within the script so that new users can learn from your script.

Prize

Damien Defranco and his company Vixeemo are now the proud sponsors of the Leadwerks community monthly script challenge. Vixeemo (http://vixeemo.com) is an all-in-one business solutions brand for your start-up or project needs.

The winner will receive a free web & graphic design package provided by Vixeemo that includes a 3-page professional website design (Home, About, Contact), logo design and integration, banner/slider design, a blog section, and an additional gallery page to showcase images/video or projects. Vixeemo will work with the winner to fully customize everything to bring the vision to fruition.

This prize is perfect for any Leadwerks user who wants to get their project or brand onto the internet. The winner will need to provide the domain ( TomsHardware Guide ), and Vixeemo will do the rest. This design package is valued at over $400 USD. This is a great reward for your hard work and a great way to give your game project that professional look to make it stand out from the crowd.

If you have any ideas or thoughts on the Challenge please feel free to comment.

I'm looking forward to your submissions.

PS Josh could you kindly pin this thread please.

• Upvote 3

• Josh pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

I pondered the problem of last months challenge a while ago and came up with a few ideas, some of which I though would be quite tricky for me to get. Ultimately I faked it (in my opinion) with a model that had an invisible bone foot ( and animated to bob up and down a bit).  So I made the flying enemy a ground enemy really so I could use the navmesh for pathfinding.

Shame there were no entries as I was interested to get some info on a better approach.  :(

Maybe for next time an easy one that has multiple possible solutions might help?

• Upvote 1

• Josh unpinned this topic