windowstyle Window.FullScreen

An update is available, Windows / Lua only.

1. Update your project.
  2. Run your game.
  3. If DPI scaling is calculated to be zero, this message will be displayed and scaling will be set to 100%:

Warning: Unable to detect Windows DPI setting.  Reverting to 100% scaling.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Problem. It selects the Maximum resolution instead of the current resolutions. I have Virtual Super Resolution enabled in radeon settings, so my max res is 3200 x 1800 instead of my current resolution of 1920 x 1080.

So main.lua needs to get the current resolution, then try to set the window to the current resolutions. If it fails either find a graphics mode closest to the current resolution but smaller, or try the smallest resolution available.

In fact, can we get a lua command to get the desktop resolution? I would like to be able to center the window on the screen, or if making an application be able to properly place windows around the screen properly.

I ran it from commandline to avoid the "devmode" branching.

Also the settings window should resize if the screen resolution is smaller than the window size and all the controls should scroll. I selected 640x480 res just to see how it looks, but I was unable to change the resolution again since the apply button was off screen.

16 minutes ago, Einlander said:

Also the settings window should resize if the screen resolution is smaller than the window size and all the controls should scroll. I selected 640x480 res just to see how it looks, but I was unable to change the resolution again since the apply button was off screen.

This can be also solved by Widgets being moved/resized like windows too.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

52 minutes ago, Einlander said:

The GUI actually does have a SetScale() function that must be used before any widgets are created, but I don't know if I want to attempt to make the GUI work for resolutions below 720p.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

1 hour ago, Einlander said:

Problem. It selects the Maximum resolution instead of the current resolutions. I have Virtual Super Resolution enabled in radeon settings, so my max res is 3200 x 1800 instead of my current resolution of 1920 x 1080.

So main.lua needs to get the current resolution, then try to set the window to the current resolutions. If it fails either find a graphics mode closest to the current resolution but smaller, or try the smallest resolution available.

In fact, can we get a lua command to get the desktop resolution? I would like to be able to center the window on the screen, or if making an application be able to properly place windows around the screen properly.

Can you please try this code and see what it says your screen resolution is?:
https://cppkid.wordpress.com/2009/01/07/how-to-get-the-screen-resolution-in-pixels/

Okay.

Why would you be using SSAA if you don't want full-screen games to run at that resolution?  Why should the default resolution be less than the full desktop resolution, when it can be changed by the user?

Because I don't want all my games to run at that resolution.I have 2 games that i run at that resolution Gta5 and Left 4 dead 2. I also change the resolution when I am editing photo's or scans. So while it's not on all the time (the screen is only 24 inches) I have specific uses for them.

• Josh locked this topic