4.4 Minor Issues

1) On starting a new project and launching it seemed to me that some anti-aliasing was happening even though settings initially say none. Looked like about 2x.  Setting to 2x and back to none seemed to be result in the correct more jagged stepping to me. May already be fixed? Image attached probably not showing it (there for other things sorry).

2) Rendering of the menu options is a bit spidery. In particular the O's in options look like there circle has almost  got gaps in it.

3) Title would be better if not 'test test test'. Forgot what it used to say but 'test test test' for some reasons bugs me in a jarring way.  Maybe this is the intention but something a little less random would appear more professional should you want to post a quick screen grab from something in development without having to worry about 'test test test' appearing should you forget to correct it.

leadwerks_4_4.jpg

3 hours ago, mdgunn said:

1) On starting a new project and launching it seemed to me that some anti-aliasing was happening even though settings initially say none. Looked like about 2x.  Setting to 2x and back to none seemed to be result in the correct more jagged stepping to me. May already be fixed? Image attached probably not showing it (there for other things sorry).

For me at least, None and 2x seem the same. It's not until I get to 4x where I see improvements. Here is the apply code.

--Antialias
		item = self.antialias:GetSelectedItem()
		if item>-1 then
			local aa = self.antialias:GetItemText(item)
			aa = string.gsub(aa,"x","")
			if aa=="None" then aa="1" end
			aa = tonumber(aa)
			local count = world:CountEntities()
			for n=0,count-1 do
				local entity=world:GetEntity(n)
				if entity:GetClass()==Object.CameraClass then
					local camera = tolua.cast(entity,"Camera")
					camera:SetMultisampleMode(aa)
				end
			end
			System:SetProperty("antialias",aa)
		end

2) Rendering of the menu options is a bit spidery. In particular the O's in options look like there circle has almost  got gaps in it.

I mentioned this to Josh, and I think he knows. I think it has something to do with rendering with the OpenGL context as if you just drew the GUI on the window, the text looks nice and crisp. 

3) Title would be better if not 'test test test'. Forgot what it used to say but 'test test test' for some reasons bugs me in a jarring way.  Maybe this is the intention but something a little less random would appear more professional should you want to post a quick screen grab from something in development without having to worry about 'test test test' appearing should you forget to correct it.

I saw this a while back, and thought Josh would fix it. The original text read "$PROJECT_TITLE so when it got copied, it would get replaced by the name of your game.  Just change 'title' in the Main.lua script to fix. 

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

9 hours ago, mdgunn said:

For no1, I noticed this too even with latest beta. I need to open "options" settings again and click apply button (even though it already shows AA 2x when I started the game)

For no2, FYI Josh, with latest update (just now) the font still look strange compare to previous 4.4beta.

36 minutes ago, REX-RUS said:

4445ec3b755b.png

Can't create a new project if its name begins with a number.

This is because Android can not have a project starting with a number, and I did not ever see a strong reason to change that.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.