Beastinlosers

Character Controller not working

Question

I have the basic scene up (just the ground (rectangular prism) and the cube). Added the character controller on. Its feet are level with the ground and I have not touched any of the player's settings. Cannot move when running the game. No errors or warnings in Debug menu either. What am I doing wrong. I tried lifting the player model above the ground and that didn't work either. 

Sorry I'm new.:mellow:

7 answers to this question

Ok I fixed this problem. I realized I was looking through the default camera and not the view of the player. Since the player was invisible, I didn't see him until I decided to attach a weapon and saw my guy move around. 

To fix: Drag the camera under entities (in the scene menu), onto fpsplayer. 

*Facepalm*

You don't need to create a camera at all when you are using the player with the fpsplayer.lua script. That script creates a camera. Just delete the default camera.

TBH, this happened to me as well and I ended up copying and pasting the FPS player from the tutorial map into my new one.  That worked 100% for me.

Mike