Workshop Purchasing Does NOT Work

This morning I tried to purchase an item via the workshop, which only brought the Steam client to the foreground and nothing else. Tried to accomplish this through the browser, which in the past worked, and produced the same results.

The initial attempt, via the browser, brought me to the Steam login screen where I added the necessary amount, therefore ending in the Steam client having the money to make the purchase.

Using Linux Mint 18.2 (Ubuntu 16.04.3)

Is there a way we can circumvent the Leadwerks Workshop and deal with Steam directly to make purchases?

Edit:

Due to, thankfully, an old link directed to this site via the Steam client, I was able to traverse to the desired item, which directed properly to the purchase page in the Steam client. This seems highly unnecessary and I would personally like to see the items purchased directed through Steam on the Steam Workshop page.

This issue may be more of a Steam client problem than a Leadwerks Workshop issue.

SpEcIeS