Animationscript for Theaterscene

randomdude

Hey Ladies and Gentleman,

I´m working on a sidelocation and have it nearly finished. I try to beg a script to do multiple animations in a row, like animation1, then animation2, etc.. In the Video I use Hankinators AI scripts and I placed a lot of pivot at the same spot to do the animations in a row. But its always switching back to idle or walk after the animation is completed what looks kinda weird.

--[[

Edit: I´m just stupid, its not a bug.

I also have a problem with the NavMesh, like you see in the video, the AI stops doing its work. I think its a bug or something because I made multiple navmeshes and it still stops working on specific points. I want the player to get chased by the AI but it just stops and does nothing, especially around corners. Am I doing something wrong or what is the problem? I need some clarification before I make a bug report. (I tried both normal AI script and Hankinators AI script, multiple navmeshes)

]]--

Here is the video.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169566657

I tried a lot to solve this but I came to the conclusion its a bug, but its better if someone else gives an opinion.-- "No its not you Scrub."

Anyway the main thing is the animation script because I will need it a lot, as well as someone else who wants to do some theater stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Either provide the map so people can actually see the navmesh layout in the area shown in the video or make a video with the navmesh visible via the camera:SetDebugNavigationMode(true) - a map and the character in question is preferable though. And since its fairly dark in the video I cannot say for certain, but it appears maybe the character flips around at the point it stops chasing you. Possibly due to a character angle problem. When that character is placed into the LE scene, does it face its local +Z axis? or is it pointing the other way? Did you change the character angle to compensate for that? 

As far as playing animations back to back, just switch the sequence after the frame gets past the known animation length (entity:GetAnimationLength()). Granted this means you will need to count/track the animation frames yourself and use the older entity:SetAnimationFrame() instead of the new (and improved?) entity:PlayAnimation(). 

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel