Blender imported assets problem.

Iain

I've been trying for the past couple days trying to figure out the reason why textures are being unnecessarily stretched to the point to which it is almost impossible to even see what texture was. I have the correct import scale.

When importing it into Leadwerks It deforms the texture, even if I apply the correct shaders to comply with my normal/specular/displacement maps it stretches it along the longest face.

Hey, I´m not an expert on this but I tried the same and figured out you have to "unwrap" the UV in blender and also do recalculate the normals in the model editor. If you click on "average normal" you can select "angular threshhold". Dont know what it does but it worked for me.

3 hours ago, randomdude said:

Hey, I´m not an expert on this but I tried the same and figured out you have to "unwrap" the UV in blender and also do recalculate the normals in the model editor. If you click on "average normal" you can select "angular threshhold". Dont know what it does but it worked for me.

I've tried that multiple times, it was even suggested on other forums. Whenever I try and pull my 8k texture onto the UV, bake the textures and normal maps etc. Import it and blurry, can't really say it's my pictures. I did find out that some of the quality it kept if you go into texture paint mode and paint the textures onto the UV increases the quality but doesn't have the results I was expecting. I don't really want to go to another engine due to this, I'd prefer no royalty.

38 minutes ago, randomdude said:

I´m not sure but its probably no support for 4K and 8K stuff. Someone said it in a review. Maybe you need to write an extra shader for that, just guessing I have no clue.

I hope not haha, writing shaders that actually looks like something I'd use with my programming experience would actually take me years. Thanks for your "non-expert" help, did help in parts.

What is the texture size? When being used in LE what is the texture format you are using? If you are using textures that are not of the power of two size (1024 x 512, eg.) and you are using any of the compression formats (dxt1, dxt5, etc) or creating mipmaps, then LE will resize the texture to fit a power of two. If you are using textures that are not a power of two, then my suggestion would be to use no compression and no mipmaps.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

10 hours ago, macklebee said:

What is the texture size? When being used in LE what is the texture format you are using? If you are using textures that are not of the power of two size (1024 x 512, eg.) and you are using any of the compression formats (dxt1, dxt5, etc) or creating mipmaps, then LE will resize the texture to fit a power of two. If you are using textures that are not a power of two, then my suggestion would be to use no compression and no mipmaps.

Thank you, I appreciate the reply. I use 8192 x 8192 textures. I try and play with the compression settings but the moment I click uncompressed leadwerks freezes up and closes. It isn't my system, maybe something to do with the editor?

Could be - I personally never had and honestly don't see the point of using textures that large, but to each his own. Have you tried scaling the texture down to a more reasonable size at half or 1/4 scale to see if you have the same issue? Out of curiosity, what is the file size of a 8Kx8K texture? 

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel