Lazer Ray?

Marcousik

You can create a 1-unit long cylinder with its origin/pivot on one end.  Position it to the muzzle.  Then Point it at a target and scale it out with the distance between the two points.  That's how I did it in one of my tournament attempts.

Edit: found the code at home.  Looks like I already had the laser parented to the robot.  The rest just looked like this (after finding the closest rock in an array of rocks):

Vec3 rp = rock[closestrockindex].model->GetPosition(true);
player.laserblue->Point(rp.x, rp.y+0.8, rp.z, 2, 1, 0);
player.laserblue->SetScale(0.4, 0.4, player.laserred->GetDistance(rock[closestrockindex].model) / 10);

• Upvote 1

So yes using sprites allow more "lighting" effect around the lazer.

And if I understood this right, then you have to place the sprite in the middle of the way between startpoint and endpoint, then align it in th e right direction, and finally set the distance as size.

For this Jen you are using the pythagorean theorem in 3D am I right ? Maybe using DistanceToPoint() may be good too

https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=API-Reference_Object_Math_Plane_DistanceToPoint