lw and windows 10 sdk and build tools 141

battlegear2099

I have another question regarding the sdk versions compatible with leadwerks game engine, the beta and none beta.

I have been testing to see what works and what does not out of the box with leadwerks for me.

I have been able to compile the project samples on vs 2015 with sdk 8.1 with build tools 140 no problem so I know I have my vs set up is correct as far as I can tell, my other none lw vs projects work normal on vs 2015 and vs community 2017. dont see any sdk and  lw source path issues all look ok.

ISSUE:

But any newer versions other than old windows sdk8.1 on vs 2015  I can't get working, I have tried re targeting test project on vs 2017 community  with build tools with latest sdk10 and bt141 and even tried sdk8.1 and 140 version and I get tone of output errors and fails to build a working 32bit and 64bit exe project tested and never launches just exit, this is exact same code project as working in vs 2015 sdk 8.1 bt140. 

So is this know limitation with lw or do I have to do something to get these sample projects to compile on newer vs 2017 community on latest sdk10 and bt141. Little puzzled I have compared the same project builds in vs 2015 sdk8.1 on bt140 and vs community 2017 sdk8.1 bt140. on this issue and don't want to be like a dog chasing my own tail on this issue.

I  am trying to limit how many versions of visual studios I need installed on my desktop and laptop to save space and simplify my build environment for lw and any other vs studio dev game software code and use the latest windows 10 sdk and I like to get rid of older vs 2015  and use the new opens source vs 2017 community. 

So what is compatible just vs 2015 on sdk8.1 with bt140 , shouldn't vs 2017 community work with sdk8.1 and bt140? does not for me.

Thanks if you can answer my questions

Patrick

on debug 32 and release 32,

ok it was dumping that it couldn't find the pdb(symbols?)  after load or unloading the dll's

and then exited with code 01 does not run

this happens in vs community 2017 only on windows 10 64bit on bt140 bt141only, sdk8,1 and sdk10

and does not on vs 2015.

So I guessing vs 2017 community needs other settings setup , extra work.

those are only errors I got on my tests.

1 hour ago, jen said:

The errors look related to missing source files. That can easily be fixed. You just need to make sure the search directories for your source files exist as well as the library folders for the library files. That's good news.

didnt seems to fix after adding symbols and source search sdk paths are correct, other warnings about crypt libs missing parts? so had a chat about it with mods. vs 2017 bt141 is not compatible, they never has successful testwith current builds lw4, have to wait till lw 5+