blender textures not importing

Firebringer4

So im trying to import models i make in blender. the models come in fine i have the leadwerks importer but heres the thing, i spent alot of time making a nice metal texture and im having trouble getting leadwerks to take the material/texture i put on the model in blender. ive tried both the leadwerks exporter and the .fbx route. niether yields results, both times the model comes out but no texture. Ive tried baking using smart uv unwrap and it hasnt worked ethier. not sure what else to try really, if anyone has any ideas?

Post the model with textures and the LE material you made for it or all we can do is randomly guess what the solution to your problem may be.

Edit - my random guess is that either the model is being saved without an UV map or you havent created your LE material properly. 

https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=Tutorials_Editor_Materials

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

You did not make a Leadwerks material like mentioned and linked to above.

To make a material, right click on the imported texture and select 'Generate Material'. Double-click the new material and add your textures and shaders to the material and save. Once you have the material created and you have imported the model into LE, double-click the model and it will open the Leadwerks Model Editor. You can attach your material to the model under the listed surface in the mesh hierarchy tab. 

See the tutorials about models and materials:

https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=Tutorials_Editor_Materials

https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=Tutorials_Editor_Models-and-Animation

Suggest you read all of the official tutorials as there is a lot of useful information available.

materialcreation.thumb.jpg.fc1537011ee21351540ebd300e5e81d2.jpg

modeladdmaterial.jpg

• Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I did, heres the thing, the material isnt showing up, ive made plenty of materials on leadwerks itself, im trying to get the material/texture from blender.. and im not finding/seeing how id import it or what it is.. this is not a matter of not knowing how to work with materials or models once they are in leadwerks this is a matter of them not importing properly to start with. in addition it wouldnt work doing it with your supplied method unless theres a more refined way to go about texturing.. as my texture has multiple different materials on multiple sides in order to get all the details... 

Do you see the baked texture in Blender UV image editor? Have you saved it? Are you using Cycles renderer?

I had similar problems, but now that I think of it, I can't remember the exact reason or fix. But what I remember, you need to bake material to texture and attach that texture to material in node editor. Multiple materials are not a problem, You see and can change them in Leadwerks model editor.

Also try exporting .fbx file allthough you might want to scale it down.

1 hour ago, Core said:

Do you see the baked texture in Blender UV image editor? Have you saved it? Are you using Cycles renderer?

I had similar problems, but now that I think of it, I can't remember the exact reason or fix. But what I remember, you need to bake material to texture and attach that texture to material in node editor. Multiple materials are not a problem, You see and can change them in Leadwerks model editor.

Also try exporting .fbx file allthough you might want to scale it down.

i figured it out, thanks, i had to save my materials specifically to a spot in order for it to show, it now works perfectly, thank you.

• Upvote 2