Index out of range

extenz

Go to solution Solved by extenz,

This is the 2nd time I got this error. The first time I just made a new project and started over but this time I really don't feel like remaking it all again. 
Here's a screenshot: 

ba4bf8d361d7634bd97ad453ebd1816a.png

It worked just fine before I closed Leadwerks. When I reopened it without changing anything it just didn't work anymore.
It doesn't say anything else. The error tab just says "Index out of range" and nothing else. No warnings either. The output tab says "Process Complete."

I'm using Luawerks if that has something to do with it 

Any ideas, please? 

Hey extenz,

I have been having similar issues but as far as I know, it has something to do with releasing classes. 

First try to disable Luawerks with a default main script if possible. If you suspect it is Luawerks, lemme know. I haven't played with it since August, but I'll be more than happy to look into it. 

Be careful what you release as the world:clear() call releases all entities automatically. This is one reason why Josh is moving to smart pointers in LE5. 

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

7 hours ago, reepblue said:

Hey extenz,

I have been having similar issues but as far as I know, it has something to do with releasing classes. 

First try to disable Luawerks with a default main script if possible. If you suspect it is Luawerks, lemme know. I haven't played with it since August, but I'll be more than happy to look into it. 

Be careful what you release as the world:clear() call releases all entities automatically. This is one reason why Josh is moving to smart pointers in LE5. 

Yeah, it's definitely Luawerks. I just replaced the Main.lua with a default one and it works 

Typically this will mean you are calling GetChild() or GetSurface() with an invalid index.  I can't see what function the code is stopped on in the script window.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.